Twitter is giving me some inspiration lately. You might remember this post from July 28- #ifyoureallyknewme Today’s trend was to tweet your 16 year old self. This got me to thinking. I couldn’t just fit my answer into 140 characters. (I’m still trying to find the love for twitter… Feel free to add me and actually TALK with me there!! @CherylPeters) so instead of making my friends on Twitter suffer through a few of my tweets to my 16 year old self. I have a lot to say to that girl.
- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Don’t let high school bully’s stand in your way. Your butt and nose are fine. Don’t spend so much time worrying about your appearance.
- That boy you THINK you’re in love with? You won’t even know what love feels like until you’re 19. And at 19? you’re not going to believe it because you’re going to feel too young.
- It’s ok to spend your lunch hours in the music room. It allows you to be able to play 10 musical instruments in the future.
- Speaking of lunch. Please eat it. Almost passing out from lack of food is definitely not cool.
- You aren’t fat. Kinda goes with point number 1. In fact, you will later gain A LOT of weight and lose 60 lbs and you will be happy.
- Spend more time on making YOU happy, not everyone else. YOU’RE IMPORTANT.
- Stand up for yourself, even if that means standing up to the 2 people that love you the most.
- Remember, you’re a good kid. And there ARE rules for a reason, be happy that you’re a goody-two-shoes.
So, that’s what I would tell my 16 year old self. What would you tell yourself at 16?? I’m anxious to hear YOUR answers!!!