I’ve seen A LOT of bloggers that have put up a list of things that make them “them”. So, I decided to give it a go. Watch. I probably won’t even be able to make it to 10.
1. I met Adam by sheer coincidence. Or fate. Whatever you believe in. In my first year of university, I was placed with a roommate- as many first year students are. My roommate happened to be a lesbian. (Now let me start by saying I have NO problem with gay people or lesbians. In fact a lot of my friends are gay) My roommate used to watch me when I slept. (she told me that) she would also “pleasure” herself when she thought I was asleep. And? The kicker?? She brought a 2 headed dildo and said “Wouldn’t this be fun for later??” um. No. I’m not interested in girls…. So I moved from that residence into Adam’s residence. And as they say “the rest is history”
2. I’m an only child. I begged for a sibling from the time I was 2 until the time I realized what my parents had to “DO” to make me a sibling (shudder)
3. I aways wanted a large family. Sadly, we’re done having biological children. I feel that I’m not a good pregnant person, and plus if the next baby didn’t make it to 24 weeks, that would be the end of me. Although, adoption is on the table.
4. I was a VERY precocious child. I went to a restaurant with my parents when I was 5. I was insulted that the waitress didn’t give me a menu. I started reading at 4. And then? I ordered escargot in mushroom caps. Some woman asked my parents if I knew what I was ordering. I replied that I did. So there, lady!!
5. Lauren once talked me into getting her a $40 baby doll. She of course didn’t know how much it was. When I was younger, I always wanted a water baby. There was no price on the shelf, so when I got to the checkout, and it was rung in I almost had a heart attack! But by then, of course, Lauren had grown attached to said doll. Man. that was rough!
6. I begged for piano lessons from the time I was 6 until the time I was 13. Unfortunately, I had quit figure skating because I felt like I was being treated like a baby. So, my mom wanted to make sure that I REALLY wanted to do something. I finally found the piano teacher that worked on the base (my dad is military) asked how much it was to take lessons and then went back to my mother with all the info. She enrolled me in piano. Once I started studying music in University, I said “don’t you wish you had started piano lessons earlier?!”
7. I once tried to pick up a guy for my mom. I was 2 and we were in an airplane to go visit my grandmother in Nova Scotia (we were living in BC at the time) Every Friday night, we would go pick up my great aunt from work and have dinner together. If my dad was in uniform, my aunt used to say “Hey sailor! wanna get lucky?!” And of course, the gentleman sitting across from me had a uniform on. I asked him if he wanted to get lucky, not knowing what it actually meant! He exclaimed that I was too young for him. I told him that it wasn’t for me. It was for my mom. My dad was gone to Apan (I couldn’t say JAPAN) and my mommy was lonely. I then asked him where he was going and he told me to Halifax. my mom was mortified.
8. I play 10 different musical instruments. I went to university to become a senior high music teacher. I love music, but decided that I really didn’t want to be a teacher.
9. When I was younger, I wanted to become a doctor. An OB/GYN actually. I wanted to help deliver babies! That changed when I was 13 and taught myself how to play the clarinet. Now? I’m thinking about going BACK to school once the girls are in school and taking nursing. I want to work in labour and delivery. I always say that after our NICU stay, I don’t want to work with babies. People correct me and say that if I’m a labour and delivery nurse, then I’d have to work with babies. That’s not exactly true. I’d be there primarily for the mother. The baby would have it’s own nurse.
10. I have ALWAYS wanted to have my tongue pierced, but since I play so many instruments, I don’t want to take a risk with my mouth!!!